Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Newer Masthead Ideas

These are my new designs for a masthead:

I edited this text in Photoshop Element 9. The text that I used for this is 'Velvenda Cooler'. I added an arrow going up on the letter U and an arrow going down on the letter A just so that the masthead looks better.
I was influenced at the Rap Up magazine as their masthead contains an arrow too. However this idea doesn't link to either urban or beat.
I did this in Photoshop Elements 9 but I wanted to add more details to it by extending the letter U so that it will look more urban by adding white squares to look like windows from buildings. I added the white squares on Picnik online because it's quicker and easier to edit it.
I still do not like this because it looks too simple.

I used the 'Velvenda Cooler' text for this because I find it interesting. I overlaid buildings on top of the text so that it will more urban looking. Just like the THE SOURCE magazine, I placed the word beat on the side so that it fits perfectly on the magazine because the word is too long.
I chose a colour red for the text because the model in my magazine is wearing a red top.

Again, I still used this text and colour but instead of using buildings, I changed it to equalizer to link with the word beat. However, I am not quite satisfied with this design because I think that it's not that interesting.
Because it's hard to choose which masthead to use out of the two, I added the buildings and the equilizer together as both style links to the word URBAN (buildings) and BEAT (equilizer).

The final outcome is shown below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers