For this magazine, I have taken the VIBE magazine theme to relate to the kind of genre that I want to achieve: R&B/Hip Hop.
I manipulated the VIBE masthead on the top of the magazine to follow the codes and conventions, and also to follows the house style of VIBE.
The masthead is blocked by the main image because I feel like the company is very known in the industry, and also I want the reader to focus more on the image rather than the masthead.
I placed the barcode on the bottom right corner of the magazine including the price and issue date, to follow the codes and conventions.
The main image is suggesting a message that he is cool as he tries to lift his hood up and also links to his cover line. Even though he is wearing shades in this image, you can still tell that he is looking straight to the audience to entice the reader to buy this magazine. I placed his stage name by his face so that the reader will know who he is. And I also placed a sub heading by his name saying 'the new star in the hood.' Originally, the quote 'star in the hood' is by Tinchy Stryder which suggests that Jaybee has over taken his place.
On the main image, I added a shining spark on his earings to reflect his 'star in the hood' cover line suggesting that he is new and just starting to be famous.
Also, the name 'Jaybee' is in an Edwardian Script text so that it would stand out on the front cover.
For the cover lines, I placed a lot of famous artists names so that the reader are eager to buy this magazine. I also added humour on one of the cover lines about Eminem: (50+ songs to download 10 to delete)
I followed the codes and conventions of a magazine by placing the main selling line on the bottom right side of the magazine. The selling line is clearly about Nicki and Drake as the text is in bold and big. The word 'love' is in an Edwardian Script text to emphasise the flow of love that Nicki and Drake are.
On the top of the masthead, I placed a sky line about Jay Z (a famous rapper), which suggest a puff because it says that the story is 'untold' which makes the reader eager to read it.
The bottom skyline is about christmas to relate to the month that this issue is in which is December.
The colour scheme that I used are white, blue and red. The red colour is used on some text to reflect to the house style but also to emphasise some words like 'NEW','naugthy' and 'love.'
I used Publisher and Paint to creates this. I actually found it hard placing the masthead behind the main image but eventually I done it. In the future, I should learn how to use Adobe Photoshop so that my final product will look more professional.
No comments:
Post a Comment