I have been thinking about the masthead title for my music magazine.
Because the genre of my magazine is R&B/Hip Hop, I want my masthead to relate on the genre.
First, I associated the word 'music' into different words. I used a thesaurus and came out with the word 'TUNE'. I like this name but I think that it is too common to use.
I thought outside the box and instead of associating the word 'music' into my magazine, I replaced this into what an R&B/Hip Hop culture would be like. So I thought of the word 'street' and used the thesaurus again and came out with the word 'URBAN'. I really like this word as it links to a Hip Hop culture-like.
I am not entirely happy with the word yet as I think that it feels incomplete with just the word 'URBAN'.
I want the audience to know that this is a music magazine, so I thought that I could add the word 'MUSIC', so that it looks like this: 'URBAN MUSIC'. At the moment, I am not fully feeling this name, therefore, I changed the word 'music' into 'BEAT'.
As a result, I like the name 'URBAN BEAT' as it links to the type of music that I am aiming at doing.
I used a visual thesaurus to create mind maps of the word 'urban' and 'music'.
I found this website useful because it helps you find interesting words.
http://www.visualthesaurus.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment