I am going to consider many different factors by beginning to construct my front cover, contents page and double page spread.
Title: URBAN BEAT
positioning statement/selling line: Hip Hop Is Not Dead
Genre: R&B/Hip Hop
Frequency: Monthly
Audience: Male and female age between 16 - 28
Distribution: http://www.bauermedia.co.uk/
Price: £3.49
Rationale: the main purpose of this magazine is to inform the readers about the new released music, and also by including artists interviews and reviews of the famous artists to make the magazine buyable.
Style: URBAN BEAT will target a young audience ranging from 16 - 28. Obviously, this magazine is for R&B/Hip Hop listens. The language will be informal so that the target audience can relate to the magazine fully.
Regular Content:
To attract the target audience, I will need to include interesting articles about the artists.
I have come up with some ideas that I think would attract my audience:
- Freebies
- Editors Letter
- Competitions (Quizzes etc)
- UK music chart
Feature Content:
These are some examples of featured articles that I could add in my magazine.
- Interview with 'Rihanna'
- Album review of 'Jay-Z: The Blueprint 3'
- Poster
- Interview with (the front cover model)
- Upcoming festivals
- Exclusive music information
- Letters and comments
House Style:
Cover lines - Text: Impact; size: 18 - 20; colour: black/white
Headlines - Text: Impact; size: 28 - 36; colour: depends on what colour the model is wearing
Captions - Text: Arial Black; size: 12 - 14; colour: black/white
Features first paragraph - Text: Arial Black; size: 12 -14; colour: black/white
News first paragraph - Text: Arial Black; size: 12 -14; colour: black/white
Body text - Text: Impact; size: 36 - 72
Colour Scheme - depends on what colour the model is wearing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment