Thursday, 4 November 2010

3. Codes & Conventions

I have created a front cover for a niche market magazine that is appealing to 'culture-vultures' that has issues with the society, culture, tv and art. The magazine is called FREEDOM, and the theme for this magazine is all about BIG BROTHER.


I followed the normal codes and conventions of a magazine, but instead of placing the masthead on the top, i placed the masthead on the bottom of the page. As usual, I placed the date and price near the barcode so that it can be easily find in the magazine. The pug offers a makeover special to look like Josie Gibson. I also added many puffs in this magazine so that  the reader would want to buy a magazine. In this magazine, I placed the cover lines in each side of the magazine. I followed the house style of this magazine by following the colour of the main image. The colours that I used are black and purple. The font that I used is Arial Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers