Tuesday, 2 November 2010

1. Codes & Conventions

This is a front cover for a magazine that I have created in Microsoft Word. The magazine is called PHOTOGRAPHY NOW. This is a mass market magazine aimed at professional and amateur photographers.


I followed the normal conventions of a magazine by placing the masthead on the left hand side so that it can be easily recognise by the reader, and also, by placing the cover lines which are distributed around the corner. I placed the date and price close to the masthead, so that it can be seen easily by everyone. The main image of the magazine shows an interesting type of photography which captions the winner of the competition. I followed the house style of the masthead which I used the font Times New Roman and uses a light yellow colour in some parts of the magazine. The reason I used the colour orange on the pug, is because I want it to stand out more. The pug that I have used is a product review of the Canon E0S camera, which emphasises the interest of the target audience. I wanted to emphasise the number 20 on the main cover line because it is the key theme for this issue, to draw the readers attention. I provided many puffs in this issue such as, 'exclusive' and 'hottest', to make the reader buy this magazine. I added a bottom line article as a competition, to provide more interest for the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers