Tuesday, 2 November 2010

2. Codes & Conventions

This is a niche market magazine that I have created in the Microsoft Word which is aimed at a cult film audience called FILM_ X.


I followed the normal codes and conventions of a magazine, however, the masthead is placed on the side rather than having it on the top left of the cover. I followed the house style of this magazine by using the same colour and font of the masthead throughout the whole page. The font style that I used is Arial Black, and the colours that I used are red and white. I placed the date and price on the top left corner so that it can be easily seen by the audience. I also placed the barcode on the bottom right corner as it can also be easily seen by everyone. I added a pug on this magazine on the top right corner. I chose the colour red so that it stands out and also to follow the house style of this magazine. The pug offers an information of a game called Saw 3 that is available to buy. I added many puffs in this magazine so that the reader would want to buy this magazine. In this magazine, I placed the Main cover line on the left and placed the cover lines on the right rather than placing it on the left hand side. To follow the house style of this magazine, I added a '_ X' on each ending of the sentences so that it can be easily recognise by the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers