Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Final Front Cover - Urban Beat

I find this magazine successful because of I like the layout of the coverlines. I made sure that the main cover line is big so that its understandable for the readers. Also, for the text, I made sure that they are not in red so because the masthead is already in red. The texts are in blue because the model is wearing bits of blue.
I placed the barcode on the bottom corner with the date issue and price to follow the codes and conventions of a magazine.
I also added a top cover line advertising a competion which could engage a reader to buy the magazine.
on the bottom right, I placed a plus sign with all the famous artist which the reader could be engaged to read on.
Just like the Hip Hop Connections magazine that I have analysed, I also added a quote under the main cover line because I find it interesting.
Overall, I edited this cover in Photoshop and used Picnik to add the texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers