Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Final Double Page Spread - Urban Beat



 
I think that this double page spread became successful because of its design which looks really authentic for a magazine. I place the quote around the model so that it can be easily seen by the reader. For the quotation mark, I made sure that it's in a different colour just so that it stands out on the page.
I placed a red box on the top of the page to look like a border. By that red border, I place a title of the page: interview at the left corner so the reader would know what page they are on and also I placed the masthead on the right corner just so the reader knows what magazine it is. If you notice the font type is the same as the real masthead so that the reader will recognise this easily.
The page numbers are on each corner of the magazine on a red box so that it stands out on the page. I used a red colour for this to foolow the house style of this issue.
I used two columns on the article with red and blue colour for the names so that both names would stand out on the page.
The font the I used for the title is 'Bleeding Cowboys' which is edited in Picnik. I made this red because the model is wearing a red hoodie.
the sub heading is bigger than the article so it stands out on the page well.
Overall, I edited this whole design in Photoshop Element 9 and Picnik online editting website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers